Special behind-the-scenes Wildlife Safari: Join Rangers & Conservationists.
10 Days on an exclusive Safari in Kenya.
Help protect elephants & conserve their habitat.
See all the wildlife AND enjoy behind-the-scenes activities on this special conservation safari:
- Conservation Special – Hosted by Conservation Pilot Keith Hellyer, with exclusive access to elephant conservation projects in Tsavo & Amboseli.
- Meet & join the Wildlife Rangers from Discovery Channel’s Ivory Wars on a walk to learn about what they do on an anti-poaching patrol.
- Take a patrol flight with Keith over Tsavo sanctuary in the “Eye in the Sky” anti-poaching gyro-copter.
- Visit Cynthia Moss’s Elephant Research Camp in Amboseli, meet the team and hear the latest on elephant conservation.
- Meet tribal elders & Maasai people from the communities & talk with them, with a local translator.
You’ll still enjoy all the benefits of our ‘normal’ wildlife safaris:
- See the Big 5 and iconic African wildlife; lion, elephant, giraffe, zebra, hippo & more. Search for leopard, cheetah & critically endangered black rhino.
- Discover the wilderness on bush walks, boat safari & game drives.
- Stay in authentic, comfortable safari camps & a bush home, and enjoy cuisine catering to carnivores & vegans alike.
- Intimate experience with only 12 guests on safari, all with window seats in our special 4×4 safari vehicles.
One of the Projects you will support
Your Safari in Pictures
- Only 2 dates in 2018:
7-16 May & 4-13 June.
- 10 day exclusive safari.
- Intimate experience: only 12 guests.
- Hosted by Conservation Pilot Keith Hellyer.
- Safari in 4×4 vehicle, on foot & by boat.
- Take an anti-poaching flight & join Wildlife Rangers on patrol.
- Luxury lodges, authentic safari camps & a unique bush home.
- Discover Amboseli, Tsavo, Mt Kilimanjaro foothills.
- Includes almost everything! (see below for more details).
- Directly supporting the places & people you visit.
US$ 6295 pp sharing
WITH PROMO CODE only $5,995
from participating partners
Special welcome dinner hosted by Keith Hellyer. Keith is part of the Elephant Protection Trust anti-poaching team and flies the “Eye in the Sky” gyrocopter, patrolling the community lands of Tsavo Conservancy, an important Elephant migration corridor.
Accommodation: Mombasa Serena Hotel & Spa.
Experience the anti-poaching efforts – take a gyrocopter patrol flight, and join the Wildlife Rangers on a foot patrol & learn how they track animals. Discover wildlife on game drives & around water holes.
Accommodation: Ndovu Bush Home.
Picnic breakfast on the shores of Lake Jipe, boat safari in search of swimming elephants, picnic lunch by a dam frequented by elephants. Game drive in Tsavo West’s ‘Little Serengeti’ and enjoy the solitude while looking out for cheetah. Night game drive in Lumo; enjoy the stars and search for nocturnal wildlife.
Accommodation: Leopard’s Lair Camp.
This afternoon venture into the Ngulia Rhino Sanctuary in search of critically endangered black rhino. It is now a rare privilege to see these animals in the wild in Africa.
Accommodation: Kilaguni Safari Lodge.
Special visit to Cynthia Moss’s Amboseli Elephant Trust research camp, and listen to a resident researcher talk about Elephant protection.
Staying in a Maasai community conservancy at Elerai, you are helping to protect the critical Kitenden wildlife migration corridor linking Tanzania’s Kilimanjaro Forest Reserve to Kenya’s Amboseli National Park. Option to visit the local Elerai Maasai Community.
Accommodation: Satao Elerai Camp.
If you are extending your trip & visiting Masai Mara we will transfer you to the local airstrip, otherwise onward to our prefered hotel near Nairobi & the airport for your international flight home.
Accommodation: Ole Sereni Hotel (day room), or a choice of Masai Mara Camps.
The Projects you will support
- The Detail